Just like humans, dogs can experience joint pain issues including arthritis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative joint disease. Unfortunately there is no cure for arthritis, but there are many remedies you can use to reduce symptoms and relieve pain. Oftentimes when prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the pain, the side effects for your dog can be unpleasant. Therefore, a lot of people have researched more natural alternatives, and ultimately stumble across the power of New Zealand green-lipped mussels.
Green-lipped mussels contain a range of Omega fatty-acids, not found in any other marine species or plant. These specific fatty acids and essential Omega-3’s support the nutritional maintenance of bone and joint structures. The green-lipped mussel (perna canaliculus) is endemic to New Zealand and provides a rich source of glucosamine, chondroitin, glycogens, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
Benefits of green-lipped mussels for dogs:
- Supports long-term joint health and repair
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Reduce osteoarthritis associated pain
- Promote a healthy skin and coat
- Relieve skin itching
- Help dogs to stop scratching and biting
- Rich in Omega-3, glucosamine and chondroitin
How much green-lipped mussel should I give my dog?
The amount of green-lipped mussel you give your dog will vary depending on a few key things:
- The size of your pup
- The type of green-lipped mussel (treat vs supplement)
- The severity of your pet’s condition
Our freeze-dried treats should be used for what they are – treats. They are not a substitute for a normal meal. On the other hand, our supplements can be used more frequently. All of our vitals range have been created as a daily nutritional boost to be either sprinkled over food or poured over. The more frequent the use, the better results you will notice.
If the dosages are too large, your dog may get an upset stomach or irregular bowel movements while they are adjusting to the product. However, because green-lipped mussel is a natural superfood, there are no real issues to long term-health. We would always recommend to firstly follow the feeding guides on the product you are using, then start to increase the dosages from there.
NUTREATS Green-lipped mussel products:
NUTREATS is known for creating products that utilise the power of green-lipped mussel - many of which are formed using high-grade freeze-drying technologies.
Traditional air-drying uses heat, which degrades and destroys many essential nutrients. By contrast, our freeze-drying equipment has been specifically designed to retain as much of the original product as possible.
This is why our treats look exactly like the original raw material, instead of being shrunken and compacted. Animals are highly sensitive, and they just love the natural smell, form and texture of our products.
- NZ Green-lipped mussel freeze-dried treats for dogs
- NZ Green-lipped mussel freeze-dried treats for cats
- Skin, Coat & Mobility feed supplement for dogs
- Skin, Coat & Mobility feed supplement for cats
- Green-lipped mussel powder for dogs (Hip & Joint feed supplement)
- Green-lipped mussel powder for cats (Hip & Joint feed supplement)
- Bone Builder feed supplement for dogs
- Puppy Prime feed supplement for dogs