Welcome to our online shop for Pet treats and supplements.
Looking for the best training and reward treats for your Canine or Feline?
Whether you have a young pup or a mature feline, you can buy health-supporting products for every life stage."
At Nutreats, we know your pet's health matters. Need help with ordering or advice on supplements?
Call us at 027 482 4465. Our team is ready to assist!
"Our two Burmese cats love these treats so much! They are very affordable compared to other brands. The quality is consistently high, and made with natural ingredients."
“Been a supporter of Nutreats for more than 2 years and my dog loves it! Tried every product and my dog's favourite has got to be the green-lipped mussel”
FAQs: Pet Supplements
Dogs or cats sometimes require additional supplements to meet specific health needs or fill potential nutritional gaps in their diet. Always consult with your veterinarian before adding any supplements. Here are some commonly used pet supplements and their benefits:
Hip & Joint Health Supplements: These often include ingredients like glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM to promote joint and mobility health.
Skin & Coat Health Supplements: Containing essential fatty acids, particularly omega-3 and omega-6, these are vital for maintaining healthy skin and a glossy coat.
Immune Support Supplements: Filled with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, these supplements aim to fortify the dog's immune system.
Gut & Digestive Health Supplements: Comprising probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes, these are designed to promote a balanced gut flora.
Aging & Brain Health Supplements: Particularly beneficial for older dogs or those experiencing cognitive decline, these supplements often feature ingredients like antioxidants and phosphatidylserine to support brain health, memory, and support normal age-related wear and tear.
Multivitamins (all-in-one dog vitamin): An overall health booster, multivitamins offer a combination of essential vitamins and minerals to ensure your pet gets its daily recommended intake, especially if there are concerns about dietary deficiencies.
If your dog or cat is on a raw meat diet, there are specific considerations to keep in mind. Raw diets, while potentially offering a range of benefits, might not always provide all the necessary nutrients in the right balance. Therefore, certain supplements might be beneficial:
Calcium and Phosphorus: Raw diets, especially those without bones, can be deficient in calcium. It's vital to balance the calcium-to-phosphorus ratio to support bone and overall health. If the diet doesn't include bone, a calcium supplement is essential.
Essential Fatty Acids: While raw meats can offer good levels of fatty acids, ensuring a balanced omega-3 to omega-6 ratio is crucial. Fish oil or flaxseed oil can be added to ensure your pet gets beneficial omega-3s.
Vitamin E: If you're supplementing with fish oil for omega-3s, adding vitamin E is advisable as fish oil can deplete the body's vitamin E stores.
Iodine: Raw diets might be low in iodine, especially if they don't include sea fish or other iodine-rich ingredients. Consider adding a kelp supplement as a natural source of iodine.
Taurine: Especially important for certain breeds like Golden Retrievers and if the diet doesn't include organ meats, taurine supplementation can be considered to support heart health.
Multivitamins: Even with a well-formulated raw diet, there might be some gaps. A multivitamin can help ensure your pet receives a spectrum of vitamins and minerals.
Enzymes & Probiotics: Raw diets are rich in enzymes, but adding a digestive enzyme blend and probiotics might still benefit some pets, aiding in digestion and gut health.
Always remember, while supplements can be beneficial, they should be introduced with care and under the guidance of a veterinarian, especially when feeding a specialized diet like raw meat.
A pet supplement is a product designed to provide nutrients or compounds that may not be sufficiently supplied by a pet's regular diet. These supplements can include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and other substances that are intended to support the overall health and well-being of pets. They come in various forms such as chews, powders, or oil, and are often tailored to address specific health needs or concerns like joint health, skin and coat improvement, digestive support, or immune system enhancement.
- Address Nutritional Deficiencies: Even with a well-balanced diet, some pets may have nutritional deficiencies due to specific health conditions, age, or lifestyle factors. Supplements can help fill these nutritional gaps, ensuring that the pet receives all the necessary vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Support for Aging Animals: Older pets often face age-related issues. Supplements like Green Lipped Mussel contain natural Glucosamine, Chondroitin and omega-3 fatty acids supporting long lasting mobility and overall health.
- Boost Immune System: Certain supplements are designed to support a pet's immune system. This can be particularly beneficial for animals recovering from illness, those with chronic health conditions, or pets exposed to stressful situations that might weaken their immune response.
- Improve Skin and Coat Health: Supplements containing fatty acids (like omega-3 and omega-6), biotin, and vitamins support the health and appearance of a pet's skin and coat. These supplements may help with issues like dry skin, shedding, and dull coats, enhancing the pet's overall appearance and comfort.
- Support Bone and Joint Development in Growing Puppies: Young puppies, especially those of larger breeds, may benefit from supplements that support healthy bone and joint development. Ingredients like calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D are crucial for strong bone formation, while glucosamine and chondroitin can aid in developing healthy joints. Providing these supplements during the critical growth stages of a puppy can help ensure they develop a strong skeletal structure, which is vital for their overall health and mobility as they grow into adulthood.
Natural joint health for optimum mobility for your pet
Our best-selling 100% natural pet joint support products are all enriched with green-lipped mussel and available as
- Soft chews
Nutreats, a NZ pet supplement brand you can trust:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.